Pet Surgery in Lawrenceburg
Compassionate Veterinarians Dedicated to Quality Services
Few things are more traumatic for a pet parent than when their loved one needs to have surgery. At Lawrenceburg Veterinarian Clinic, we fully understand and take every step necessary to soothe your worries and provide the best possible care for your pet. We provide quality, trustworthy pet surgery in Lawrenceburg and offer over 50 years of experience helping pets live long, happy, and healthy lives.
We offer a wide range of elective and non-elective surgical procedures, which can be scheduled at the time of your office visit. Our team is compassionate and utilizes the best tools and technology to make your pet’s surgery as comfortable as possible.
Before & After Surgery
If surgery is in your pet’s future, you probably have many questions about pre- and post-surgical care. Paying close attention to care recommendations will help you ensure that the surgery is just a minor disruption to your pet’s normal routine.
Prior to surgery, some things you should do include:
- Stop food – Your pet will need to stop eating prior to surgery to avoid recently eaten food traveling to the lungs and causing infections, pneumonia, or respiratory distress syndrome. Your veterinarian will inform you more about what they can eat and when.
Drop your pet off early – Because there is a lot to do on the day of the surgery, being
early is key. Often, your pet will require:
- Physical examination
- Blood tests
- Placement of a catheter
- Administration of IV fluids
- Preparations for anesthesia
After surgery, some things you should do include:
- Prepare a comfortable resting place – Your pet needs a comfortable place to rest and recover following surgery
- Limit activity – Keep him or her away from stairs or other obstacles until the anesthesia wears off and try to discourage them from running, jumping, and rolling around.
- Make bathroom trips easier – Because pets receive fluids before, during, or after surgery, allow your pet to go to the bathroom often.
- Follow the medication schedule – If your pet is required to take antibiotics or other medications, make sure you follow the dosage schedule to ensure they have an uncomplicated recovery.
New to Lawrenceburg Veterinary Clinic?
Our Lawrenceburg veterinarians provide the level of care they would want to be provided to their own families. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team at (812) 495-4450.
Pet Life Commitment
We are here to provide your pets with excellent care, not only during emergencies but for all of their wellness needs.
We offer a variety of services for pets of all ages, including dentistry, surgery, and wellness care.
Compassionate quality care in Lawrenceburg, Indiana and surrounding cities for families for over 50 years.
“I recommend everyone I know with animals to come here!”- Jamie L.
“Unbelievable service. Unparalleled care.”- Matt K.
“They are very professional”- Christy W.